As the great man's guest must produce his good stories or songs at the evening banquet, as the platform orator exhibits his telling facts at mid-day, so the journalist lies under the stern obligation of extemporizing his lucid views, leading ideas, and nutshell truths for the breakfast table.
Cardinal J. H. Newman, Preface to The Idea of a University, 1852

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hartlepool away 15th November

Won 3 - 1.

We had a weekend away, taking the opportunity to meet up with A, who came from York. Surprisingly enjoyable w/e, in addition to the match. We had some pleasant walks on te beach.

On the Friday evening I was surprised by the friendly 'hellos' I got from a few people. 'I don't know anyone up here', I thought, 'yet they seem to be genuine'. It was only later I twigged that they must have been fellow Dons fans up for the w/e who might recognise me from other away matches! Doh, I can be slow sometimes...

I'm, writing this months after the match, so can't honestly remember a huge amount about the game.

No comments: